Thursday 22 March 2012

It is the east, and Juliet is the sun

Stratford-upon-Avon is mainly known as the birthplace of the playwright and poet William Shakespeare. I could have gone for a dramatic look to go with his dramatic plays, but I decided instead to go with a sweet look, perhaps how a modern Juliet would dress. The gold elements of the outfits are there to go with the quote from "Romeo & Juliet" that I used as a title, and the necklace is of course to go with the theme of love of the play. The nerdy glasses are there to show how knowing Shakespeare's plays is usually associated with being a bit nerdy or artsy. Perhaps even more so when not raised in an anglophone society. I think I was the only Sec 2 (Grade 8) student who had read "The Merchant of Venice" (in french, since it's my first language and that shakespearean english didn't really appeal to me).


Stratford-upon-Avon


Topshop wrap dress
$80 - topshop.com

Chloé ballerina shoes
$450 - net-a-porter.com

See by Chloe shoulder handbag
$395 - net-a-porter.com

Carolina Bucci silk jewelry
£785 - brownsfashion.com

Prism see through shades
£205 - net-a-porter.com

Maison Michel hair accessory
$345 - net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment